Friday, March 6, 2009

So...what's going on?



So this is for Jason and it's a long time coming...





Our dates were changed again so we are now flying out of Omaha on March 22nd and we'll be back on the 28th...too short if you ask me but send me down there for a year and I'd say the same thing. We still don't have an official schedule yet so all I can tell is what I'm pretty sure we're doing. We will not being staying in the CGE house again which is a bummer because I think they've repainted the murals since we've been there. Here are some pics of some of them...





**Note the term "Reaganomics"**





Instead, we will be staying at the Hotel Casa San Juan...these were the only pictures I could find of it and here's the link just in case you're curious... http://www.hotelesdenicaragua.net/en/directorio_det.php?idhotel=1168812167

While we're in Managua I think we'll get to kind of wander around the city, hopefully tour old downtown (the part that was destroyed and never rebuilt in '73 maybe?) I'm going to guess we'll have some speakers while we're there too but what they'll be speaking on could be anything from political corruption to Fair Trade coffee. Also, we will get the chance to visit a night high school that the Lutheran church helped set up.
We will spend one night in a coffee growing region of Matagalpa. We will probably do a cupping and have a tour of the facility. After that we'll go back to Managua and then it's a mystery!!
I wish I had more information for you guys but we're kind of flying blind here. I am a bit nervous because I think the professor and I have very differing views of the politics (specifically related to the revolution in the '80s) in the country.
Well, that's all I have for now, I'll update if we get any information before we actually leave ;)
16 days!!

No comments: